Wednesday, January 21, 2009

kale-idoscope of flavor!




Wow, that title is atrocious. Please forget it ever happened. Focus instead on this: kale. Not an immediately appealing vegetable, right? Won't ever compete with eggplant or even cucumber. It looks like it might get stuck in your cheek like a fish hook. I'm here to ask you to give kale a chance. My fancy beautiful attorney sister made a kale salad that changed my life. In the spirit of hope and change I share it with you.

1/2 a head/large bunch of kale
1/2 - 3/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
olive oil
fresh lemon (about half of a lemon's worth)
freshly ground pepper
salt

Toss. Eat. Enjoy the antioxidants.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I might have to work up to this one- I have scary memories of being the salad girl at Buffy's Buffet and having to change out the kale.

beckmarsh said...

Salad girl!?! Was that your real title? Better or worse than grounds crew?