Sunday, February 01, 2009

sometimes Sundays are boring


Our Sundays can be s-l-o-w. Church is from 8 to 11 am, come home, eat lunch, then 8.5 hours until bedtime. And we don't shop, go to work, or play sports either (we observe it as the Sabbath). We limit TV and movie time. So sometimes we get bored. dh is content to literally sleep all day if given the opportunity, so lots of times it's me and the boys trying to find activities that fall within our family parameters and aren't a total snooze.

Today we made Bad Guy Soup. Super Q tells me we are meant to leave it outside. When bad guys see it, they think, "Oh! Free soup!" They drink it, then die. And don't ever make it into the house to steal the XBox.

Our soup had water, soul seasoning, old lemon pepper, some nasty salad dressing that none of use like, dirt, bark, grass, weeds, etc. It reeks. Not a bad way to clean out the pantry.

3 comments:

Chieko said...

That's a cute idea! "Bad guys eat it and then die..." How clever!!
By the way, do I see your boy wearing shorts and sandles???

Anonymous said...

I am totally jealous that you guys are wearing shorts. We have almost a foot of snow, which was really pretty for a day or two. Now I am sick of it.

I love the bad guy soup idea. I will have to try this. I think Danny would get a kick out of it. Super Q has such a great imagination. I love it!

Oh, and I totally get the Sunday blues. It is hard to keep the kids entertained, yet teach them to keep the Sabbath. Bil too would sleep the day away, so I get stuck trying to keep the kids from killing each other. Definitely makes it hard to keep Christ in mind all day.

Patty O. said...

whoops, that last one was from me.