Thursday, December 27, 2007

whew!

The Christmas wrap-up (it's a tired pun, isn't it?)

Best food: these aMAZing truffles with crushed chocolate wafer filling provided by our neighbor. Must locate recipe and eat as many as possible before 2008. Also red chili tamales made by my friend Heather.

Best gift to me: hand-held shower thing installed by dh so I can wash my hair in the bathtub more easily. Now the shower is all his -- to use and clean. Also this funny shirt from my sister.

Best gift given: light-up frisbee (kids loved it!), Ratatouille

Best feeling: watching our kids' excitement, feeling so much love for the Savior

Best song: "Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel", monk chant version, provided by my friend on a 3 year old compilation CD. Not sure who sings it, but it's getting some pretty heavy play around here. Super Q's favorite is some Mannheim Steamroller version of "Carol of the Bells" with lots of old-sounding techno tidbits. We listened to it about 30 times on the way home from my library gig. It kept him happy, but I was about ready for a Prozac Icee when that trip was over.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Glad you guys had a good Christmas! That t-shirt is hilarious! Where can I find one of those icee's- I have a feeling I might need one of those before the winter break is over!

Patty O. said...

I think I too could use the icee. Right now as I type, Danny is literally hanging from my neck telling me he wants dessert since he ate his lunch. I know what you mean about the song overload. Charlotte insists on listening to our "Wee Songs" cd every time we get in the car. I have found myself humming such ditties as "The Itsy Bitsy spider" and "If you're happy and you know it."

Patty O. said...

P.S. I am embarrassed to admit it took me several minutes to get the t-shirt's joke. I really am brain dead. Must be all the crappy kids' music I am subjected to....