Wednesday, January 16, 2008

me! me!

Another idea snatched from Kristi's blog. This one is a fun little meme:

On My Bedside Table:
Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict
Harper's magazine
A Passage to India
Wired magazine
scriptures
lip balm
ear plugs


Next Up from Netflix:

Meet the Robinsons
Fantastic Four: The Rise of The Silver Surfer
Waitress
Herbie Goes Bananas
The Man with the Golden Gun
Timeline
Aliens of the Deep
The Forsyte Saga
(can you tell we all had some input here?)

Latest Interests:
deep sea creatures
spice rubs

On My Mind:
the presidential election


Learning:
to use creative discipline with Super Q

[Thinking about] Making:
light fabric baby "wrap" for my sister's new wee bairn
curtains for the computer room


Looking Forward To:
pasha's visit!
any and all weekends

Enjoying:
the last of the Ferrero Rocher jumbo pack
the cold weather

Amused By:
the presidential election
the fallout from the writer's strike

3 comments:

Patty O. said...

I love this list. If you come up with any really good creative discipline ideas let me know. I could use all the help I can get. I recently was introduced to a book written by Lisa Whelchel (the girl who played Blair in "the facts of life") that I thought would be interesting until I found out that one of her "creative discipline" ideas was to put hot sauce on her kids' tongues when they said something bad. A friend of mine here swears by that disturbing practice. After hearing that, I decided to skip that book. It makes me wonder though why they think spanking is bad, but burning a kid's tongue is ok.....Interesting....

Lindsay said...

do you have any good recipes for something like stuffed pizza or pizza rolls? it wouldn't even necessarily have to be red sauce. we're trying to eat/cook at home more, but we always make the same pasta with jar sauce. :(-

prism said...

I like Timeline. Of course, as with all time travel movies, there is the paradox thingy going on. But, still, I (we) liked it.

Ahhh, discipline. The *fun* part of parenting. Really, how does one accomplish this effectively and lovingly? Did you know Hana is 12 now? Aside from freaking me out, I could tell because suddenly there is the mood swing factor that just didn't used to be there before.