Sunday, February 25, 2007

faux black and white cookies



Remember that Seinfeld episode that featured the black and white cookie? Like the Chinese restaurant and parking lot episodes, it takes place mostly in one setting on one evening. I actually hate those episodes (so frustrating to watch). So it wasn't really in honor of that episode that I made these cookies; they just sounded good. The recipe is completely "cheater cheater Pumpkin eater" as my boys would say, but it works, especially in a time crunch.

You'll need:
1 box white or yellow cake mix
1 box chocolate cake mix
To each box (in separate bowls) add:
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs

Mix well. Take 1 tsp of each kind of dough and make a half-moon shape. Press together. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes on ungreased baking sheets. Makes about 36.
p.s. Don't use "butter recipe" mixes; they are too greasy.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Last week I was on a cake mix cookie kick. I used a strawberry mix w/ white chocolate chips one day and then last Friday I used a devil's food mix and peanut butter chips. I think I have finally eaten so many of them that I can be done with them for a good while.

Lindsay said...

those sound sooo tasty! Reading your blog always inspires me to do neat things. Except build bunk beds. That's just insane.