Thursday, October 16, 2008

Friday I'm sassy


Ok, sometimes I think it's weird that people blog about their purchases. Yet I read a lot of blogs that document purchases at length, so I guess it's interesting even though it's weird. Anyway, I'm writing about these awesome transfers for embroidery, fabric paint, whatever. I can't believe Joann had them. They are so much like these dish towels my mom had when I was growing up. Or like those days of the week underwear we all had in the 70s. I can't wait to tweak them and make something weird out of them. Although "Friday I'm Sassy" is funny enough as it is. I also got some super old-timey transfers that I am saving for somebody's wedding present. Can't say who.

I also got sucked in to buying those cinnamon-scented pinecones they have every year. And every year I think, "geez, what chemicals do they use on those things?" And every year I buy them because they look so cool in this steel bowl I have and, man, they smell like fake cinnamon heaven. I am such a sucker for cozy fall-type stuff.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I definately think you should decorate your underwear with them!

Patty O. said...

I was thinking the same thing about the underwear. These transfers remind me of the days-of-the-week underwear I had when I was like 5. These are cute. Make sure you post the finished results. I really want to see how you tweak them!

pianogal said...

Okay, I'm a member of the childhood days-of-the-week underwear club too, because I think those transfers are a treasure! I can't wait to see what you do with them.